Motor Vehicle Accident

Motor vehicle accidents can be devastating to your personal life, but fortunately, the Motor Accident Compensation Act 1999 guidelines has got you covered in New South Wales.

With it, you get accident claim compensation if you or your family member has suffered a severe consequence because of a motor vehicle accident if it was the fault of another driver.

An accident injury can cause you massive pain and suffering and a loss of income. However, with a transport accident and transport insurance, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Here’s all you need to know on how you can claim that compensation in NSW. 

Motor Accident Compensation Act 1999

Every day, many accidents take place on the NSW roads, and people get injured because of them. And while most accidents are minor fender benders, many lead to life-long injuries or death. For those suffering from such consequences, the Motor Accident Compensation Act guideline covers you.

The act was established in 1999, making it compulsory for every vehicle in New South Wales to have third-party insurance and payment of compensation if the vehicle is involved in an accident that leads to the death or injury of a third party.

In other words, all drivers are required to have CTP insurance so that the insurance can cover the cost of the consequences if they end up injuring someone during the accident.

Selective Focus Photography of Person Signing on Paper

Motor Accident Guidelines

Under Motor Accident Compensation 1999, several guidelines are mentioned on who is covered under the insurance clause in NSW, what kind of injuries can be compensated, and how you can make a claim compensation if you are a victim of an accident.

The act guideline covers various types of consequences caused due to motor vehicles, such as:

  • Past or future medical expenses caused due to the accident
  • Cost of care provided by professionals, friends, or family post accident
  • Loss of past or future earnings and wages due to the accident
  • Pain, suffering, or loss of enjoyment of life due to the accident

Further, the act covers people who get injured due to the accident where another driver is at fault, precisely the following:

  • Driver or passenger of the vehicle that meets an accident due to another driver’s fault
  • Cyclist who faces personal injury due to the accident
  • Pedastrian who faces injury due to the accident
  • Passenger of the vehicle who suffers injury due to an accident caused by bus, train, or tram
  • Person—family or guardian—on behalf of a child who has suffered consequences due to an accident
  • Worker injured in any kind of work vehicle
  • Any eligible person on behalf of a deceased person  

The act covers various for you if you were injured in a car accident in New South Wales, such as:

  • Head or brain injuries
  • Internal bleeding
  • Burns and scars
  • Car accident whiplash
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Soft tissue injuries
  • Psychological injuries
Upset woman using smartphone near broken automobile in countryside during car trip

How Do I Claim Compensation After a Car Accident?

If you have suffered any kind of injury or consequences due to an accident that was another driver’s fault, you can claim compensation. However, the process can be a bit confusing.

To begin the process, you must first file a police report within 24 hours of the accident. Then, you must fill many forms and file them with the respective authorities within a specified time frame.

You can also apply for a compensation claim form by filing an application under the act guidelines for personal injury benefits from hospitals or contact your CTP insurer directly.

If you have recently met a motor vehicle accident in NSW, the easiest way to claim compensation is by contacting us. We are a team of professional motor vehicle accident lawyers in New South Wales that can help you through the entire process with ease and ensure you get the best compensation for your injury.

10 Us Dollar Bill

Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Payouts NSW

The Motor Accident Act’s role is to compensate the injured party so that they can get back to the position they would have been – had they not been in the accident. So, once you file for compensation as per the act’s guidelines, you are paid compensation. However, the payout is never fixed, it entirely depends on your individual circumstances, and they are usually paid out in lump sum.

Since the compensation claim depends on your individual circumstances, you must avoid inaccurate predictions about the long-term nature of your injuries so that you get adequate compensation. It is best to seek legal advice from us as we are leading motor vehicle accident lawyers in New South Wales.

Looking for Motor Vehicle/Car Accident Lawyers?

Are you looking for the best motor vehicle and car accident lawyers in New South Wales? You’ve come to the right place. When you are unexpectedly injured in a motor accident, you are entitled to compensation from your insurance company. While you are protected by common law, lawyers can help make your accident claims. Let us help you file for compensation and represent you before the right authorities of NSW under the act, so you can get the best accident claim to heal your injuries and lead a normal life. Contact us to know more about our motor vehicle accident coverage solutions in New South Wales.